Performing Arts Technician/Administrator - Job Vacancy
- Job Title: Performing Arts Technician / Administrator
- Responsible to: Heads of Department/Associate Staff Manager
- Salary: SCP Point 3-5
- 7 hours per week plus additional hours at required
- Permanent, 39 weeks per year
- Location: West Road, Spondon, Derby
- To assist and support the Performing Arts Department including help and support for teaching staff within that Department. The role would help support the Performing Arts Department for one day a week, although you will be required to work additional hours when necessary including at peak times and assisting school performances outside of the normal school day
Duties and responsibilities
- General admin including photocopying and production of resources
- Assist in helping to arrange cover for staff absences (locating resources etc.)
- Help organise the department, this will include keeping a departmental diary, booking a TA for pupils entitled to access arrangements, making arrangements for absent pupils to catch up with assessments, photocopying test papers (including any special colours, enlargements etc.), distributing papers to teachers etc.
- Assist the Head of Department to arrange pupil focus groups in form time when required
- Take minutes if attending Departmental Meetings
- Liaise with the IT support team as required to ensure the departmental staff have working IT equipment to support their lessons
- Answer the phone and ensure messages are delivered promptly to classrooms
- Assist with departmental displays
- Other duties as required by Head of Department
- Minor repairs to musical Instruments.
- Operation of live sound and lighting equipment.
- General computer work including apple-based software
- Work carried out must be in accordance with current legislation and/or regulations.
- All employees have a responsibility for their own safety and must not endanger that of colleagues/visitors in the workplace.
- You may also be required to undertake other duties commensurate with your grade in relation to a post of this nature.